Indigestion is a common problem that affects many people, especially if your food choices are unhealthy. Indigestion can be one of the symptoms of a stomach ulcer but, if someone feels a burning sensation with pain in the stomach and nausea, and these symptoms do not go away, they may have gastritis. Gastritis is a digestive problem caused by inflammation of the lining of the stomach. The cause of the burning sensation in the central part of the stomach or chest is the loss of the layer and stomach acid. If you don’t treat gastritis, it can lead to stomach ulcers, persistent pain, and inflammation, and bleeding can lead to death, and also Chronic gastritis can also lead to stomach cancer.
Symptoms of Stomach (Peptic) Ulcer
- Burning stomach pain
- Feeling of fullness, bloating, or belching
- Intolerance to fatty foods
What is the common cause of gastritis?
One of the most usual causes of gastritis is a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori that causes a stomach infection. Symptoms of gastritis include burning sensation, cramps and stomach pain, nausea, and persistent sore throat. If you experience those symptoms, you should take them seriously. Changing Lifestyle can be a significant step towards repairing the lining of the stomach, preventing inflammation, and fighting infection.
Helicobacter pylori affect about 50% of the world’s population. This bacterium increases gastritis and the risk of stomach ulcers. Helicobacter pylori is a primary risk factor for gastric cancer. Gastric cancer is the second deadliest cancer in the world.
Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Symptoms
The peptic ulcer is an acute complication of gastritis and can bleed in the lining of the stomach, intestines, or esophagus, which can be life-threatening. Bleeding in these areas may cause the following symptoms:
- Vomiting or vomiting blood — which may appear red or black
- Dark blood in stools, or stools that are black or tarry
- Trouble breathing
- Feeling faint
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unexplained weight loss
- Appetite changes
Diet and gastritis
Although there is no specific diet to treat gastritis, research has shown that eating certain foods can kill Helicobacter pylori. On the other hand, eating certain foods can make things worse. Research has shown that salty and fatty foods change the lining of the stomach. Salty foods can alter cells in the tummy and cause infections. Also, diets high in fatty and salty foods increase gastritis. Before doctors realized the importance of Helicobacter pylori in gastritis, they advised patients to drink milk to prevent the harmful effects of acidic foods, but, after discovering that, they do not recommend drinking milk.
What to Eat
As we have said, eating certain foods can kill bad bacteria and heal the ulcer stomach. Three of these specific foods are Yogurt, Broccoli, and Spinach. But How they can help!
Broccoli contains a chemical substance called sulforaphane and has antibacterial properties. Also, it contains anti-cancer compounds that are effective in treating inflammation and reducing the risk of stomach cancer.
Yogurt contains beneficial compounds and bacteria and can increase the body’s ability to fight unwanted bacteria in the stomach. Other foods that can prevent the growth of Helicobacter pylori and reduce the risk of gastritis and ulcers include:
|Cauliflower-Cabbage-Radishes-Apples-Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries)
Cherries-bell peppers-carrots- honey-garlic- licorice-turmeric
leafy greens, such as kale and spinach
probiotic-rich foods, such as yogurt, kefir, miso, and sauerkraut
olive oil and other plant-based oils
decaffeinated green tea
Also read: The 8 Superfoods to Improve Digestion
Foods to Limit when you have acid reflux and an ulcer
While some foods are effective in treating stomach ulcers, others make it worse. Fatty, acidic, and spicy foods are the most harmful to the stomach. Some patients with ulcer stomach also have acid reflux. Reflux symptoms appear due to an unusual increase or decrease in stomach acid volume, and you can control it by changing eating habits.
Some food makes acid reflux worse included:
Acidic foods, such as citrus and tomatoes
Bad habits: Overeating and eating within two to three hours before
The best diet for stomach ulcers
Although research does not mention a specific diet, following a healthy diet plays an essential role in healing stomach ulcers. Points that can use to make the diet as useful as possible to fight against gastritis and ulcers.
- Instead of eating three large meals, try to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. Eating smaller amounts can heal the stomach by reducing the effects of its acids.
- Water is the best option for hydrating the body. Also, people who consume alcohol should quit that for recovering because alcoholic beverages can markedly increase gastritis.
- Quitting smoking can help. Smoking leads to inflammation of the stomach and increases the risk of mouth cancer, esophagus, and stomach.
- Some supplements may have a role in treating gastritis, such as omega-3 fatty acids and probiotics. People who intend to take supplements and vitamins should consult their doctor because these supplements may conflict with their treatment or other problems.
- Reducing stress can improve the immune system, therefore, improve the healing process. Stress stimulates the stomach to produce acid, which leads to Indigestion and inflammation.
- It seems eating healthy food can play an essential role reduce and eliminate Helicobacter pylori. Getting rid of this bacterium considerably reduces the risk of recurrence of inflammation, stomach ulcers, and cancer.
It’s essential to increase our knowledge about diseases because living in polluted air with daily stress brings you many diseases. Also, overeating and impropriate eating habits make you fat, besides other problems. All those things reveal this you need a healthy diet. Of course, the quality of food products has a great impact. SunExport exports the best natural Iranian Dates, such as (Mazafati Dates, Rabbi Dates, Piarom Dates, Sayer Dates, Shahani Dates, Zahedi Dates, and Dates products like Date Syrup, Date Paste, Date Cream, Date Sauce, Dates Seed Powder, Date vinegar.
For Pricing and order, please contact us.